I offer clinical training hours for students training to be professional practitioners of herbal medicine.
I currently provide clinical training sessions via online webinars and webinar recordings. These sessions count towards the complusary clinical training hours that students are required to complete as part of their clinical training* (*check below to see if your school recognises clinical training with me).
Online clinical training has the following advantages:
- No need to travel to a clinical training clinic
- Reduced costs (no travelling expenses)
- Especially helpful for people in areas where clinical training with qualified practitioners is not available
- Easy to fit in around work and family. No need to take time off work to travel to a clinic. Simply attend the webinar in the evening after work instead or watch the webinar recordings whenever it suits you.
- Forgotten something? Watch the webinars again, by playing back the recording.
- Flexibility: webinars for groups can usually be arranged fairly quickly and easily. If there are any topics that you would like me to cover in a future webinar then please get in touch with me with your suggestions (email@example.com/0868899168)
- Webinars are 2 hour live video webinar on a given theme (webinars will take place on weekday evenings, although if there is sufficient demand, daytime ones may be scheduled too)
- Vivienne will introduce the topic and herbal treatment of it e.g. menopause, pain management, paediatrics etc.
- Vivienne will present relevent case histories from her clinic, including the herbal and dietary treatments advised
- Vivienne will take questions from students.
- A video recording of the webinar will be available too.
- Students can ask questions live during the webinar (by typing them in via the live chat bar)
- Students can submit questions in advance via email.
- Cost of Webinars: E15 per student. This includes the recording too which is usually emailed around the following day (it takes several hours to process the recording).
- I am deliberately keeping the cost of these webinars low to offer affordable clinical training for students. For this reason it will be against the Terms & Conditions of registering for these webinars to share access to the live webinar or the webinar recordings i.e. 1 payment will allow access to 1 student only. Anyone found to be in breach of this will have access to webinars and recordings revoked and will be banned from future webinars.
- ****PLEASE NOTE***: Webinars do not include slide-show presentations or downloadable notes. These are clinical training webinars (i.e. an online version of sitting in a clinic with a practitioner while he/she discusses case histories and possible treatment plans). They are NOT teaching lectures and therefore do not come with study notes. Occassionally, if relevent, then I will attach copies of any appropriate documents and links in the follow-up email with the recording e.g. the Paedatrics webinar also includes the Paediatric Case History form (a Word document) that I use in my clinic.
IT Requirements for Webinars
A reasonable internet connection is required but it isn’t necessary to have super-fast broadband. I live rurally and my internet connection is fine for running these. If you are able to watch a video on You Tube via your internet connection then you should be able to attend one of these webinars.
If you live in an area where the internet service is poor and want to try to attend these webinars then I recommend switching off the WiFi system and using a cable from the modem to your laptop instead. Also, make sure that there are not other people in your household using the internet at the same time, especially make sure that they are not streaming things via the internet during the webinar. Many people are able to attend these webinars live despite having only basic internet connections.
You can login in to attend the webinar via your laptop, tablet or smart phone. The features usually work better when using a laptop but it does run on phones too.
For those of you really in to techy stuff, here are the details of systems supported (it’s usually very straight-forward and most people get logged in without any hassle):
- Windows 7 and higher / Mac OSX 10.7 and higher**
- Newest version of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or Safari Web Browser
- Wired (not WiFi) Broadband internet connection with an upload speed of 1 Mbps or more
- Most recent version of Adobe Flash player: http://get.adobe.com/
fl as hp la ye r
- Turn pop up blocker off or put www.anymeeting.com in your allowed list
**Attendees may additionally join a meeting using iPad, Android tablet or iPhone using the AnyMeeting app found in the app store for your mobile device.
*Linux/Ubuntu Operating System is not supported at this time
If you have some major IT disaster then don’t dispair: I always email around the video recording afterwards so you should be able to watch this without any difficulty.
Herbal Medicine Schools that Accept Clinical Training Hours with Vivienne
Colaiste Luibheanna Clinical Practitioner with Nikki Darrell and team in County Cork. http://veriditashibernica.org/colaiste-luibheanna/
I am currently contacting other schools of herbal medicine in Ireland. Please let me know if you’d like me to approach the school that you are training with.
I am currently contacting schools of herbal medicine in th UK. Please let me know if you’d like me to approach the school that you are training with.
Please let me know if you’d like me to approach the school that you are training with.
Upcoming Webinar Topics
- Herbal Treatments during the Menopause 21/6/16 7.30pm. Click this link to book it.
- I am planning to schedule more webinars in July & August and will list these soon.
More webinars coming soon. Please get in touch if you have any suggestions for topics that you would like me to cover in a clinical webinar.
How to Book an Upcoming Webinar
Click the links above or scroll down to the appointment booking system below this text.
Underneath the heading ‘Clinical Training Student Webinars’ look for the webinar topic that you would like to book e.g. Menopause. Click on this. Click on the date of the webinar on the pop-up calendar. Click Continue. A card payment box will pop-up here. You do not need a Pay Pal account to pay this way. This system process credit and debit cards too. Follow the instructions on-screen. Ring me if you get stuck! 0868899168.
How to Purchase the Recording from a Previous Webinar
This facility will be available soon. If you would like access now then please email me and I’ll arrange this for you. firstname.lastname@example.org/0868899168.
Recordings currently available
Paediatric Herbal Medicine: an introduction to treating babies and children with herbal medicine.
- the key differences between taking the case history of a child, compared to that of an adult.
- techniques for coping with distracted parents while children are in the consulation room
- tips to keep children occupied while you conduct your case history
- a suggested approach for taking a paediatric case history (I go through the paediatric case history sheet that I use in my clinic, section by section)
- a case history from a child that presented at my clinic
- recommended treatment: dietary changes and herbal medicines used
- Also includes my template (Word Doc) case history form for taking a thorough paediatric case history so that you can use or adapt this should you want to.