Teaching highly popular workshops since 2004!
The following in-person classes were due to take place in 2020 but were cancelled or postponed due the the pandemic.
They will resume (in Ireland and London) when it becomes safe and practical to run them again.
Online classes and courses continue to run.
Vivienne teaches a range of herbal medicine and wild food skills:
with options available for people from total beginners to
experienced professionals (including CPD classes)
Ways to Learn with Vivienne
* CLASSES & WORKSHOPS IN-PERSON (Ireland & UK)..come along and meet the plants in-person.
*ONLINE CLASSES on specific topics (live & recorded sessions)..available worldwide via video/webinar
*VIDEO COURSE flexible & comprehensive ..available worldwide (internet permitting)
CLASSES & FORAGING WALKS IN IRELAND in 2020
Wild Food Foraging Walk with Wild Food Tasters
A lovely introduction to some of the glorious wild edible plants that grow around us
LEVEL: Open to everyone; suitable for complete beginners
WALK: Come on a foraging walk where Vivienne will point out some of the edible wild plants growing around us.
LEARN: Vivienne will talk about various wild food recipes for using local plants.
HARVEST: Your chance to get hands on and pick some of these edible plants as Vivienne helps to guide you with identification to give you confidence doing this.
WATCH: Back at the lodge Vivienne will do a cookery demo of a wild food dish that is quick and easy to make.
EAT: Taste samples of various wild food dishes, drinks and extracts (some made on day, some prepared in advance). NOTE: samples of several foods will be served but this will not be a full meal.
An accessible & fun introduction to the glorious wild plants that surround you wherever you live (countryside or city).
- We don’t walk far: it’s a lovely little shuffle in the fresh air discovering and nibbling on the local plants.
- These walks are an excellent way to introduce you to the abundance of edible and medicinal plants that grow all around us.
- They are popular with adults and children
- Walks go ahead rain or shine so please dress for the weather: sun hat, sun screen, wellies, waterproofs as appropriate.
Saturday 20th JUNE 2020
10.30am – 2.30 pm
Glasson, Co. Westmeath, IRELAND
€45 per person, including materials
Herbal Medicine-Making: from plant to pot!
A lovely introduction to some of the medicinal plants that grow around us
LEVEL: Open to everyone; suitable for complete beginners (but brain surgeons are welcome to attend too!)
- Come on a herbal foraging walk on the shore of a lake and through woodland.
- Discover the native wild medicinal plants that grow there.
- Gather some of these herbs.
- See how to use them to make medicinal extracts such as tinctures, infusions, decoctions, oxymels, medicinal herbal vinegars, poultices, compresses, infused oils, ointments etc.
- Taste and try out herbal extracts during the class.
- Bring home a remedy made on the day.
This class is very popular. The last one was fully-booked 2 months in advance and had a waiting list so if you know that you’d like to attend then I recommend booking this very soon.
Sunday 21st JUNE 2020
Glasson, Co. Westmeath, Ireland.
€85 per person, including materials
CLASSES & FORAGING WALKS IN UK in 2020
Details will be announced in early 2020.
Events coming up in London and Nottinghamshire.
NEW for 2020!
INTRODUCTORY ONLINE CLASSES ON A HERBAL MEDICINE TOPIC
Take a closer look at how herbs can help in specific areas.
An affordable, flexible and reliable way for you to learn more about an area you are interested in.
- Join a class that interests you.
- Classes are informal but give you the chance to learn more about a specific area of herbal medicine that particularly interests you.
- Vivienne will teach these classes live using an illustrated slide-show (she’ll appear on video broadcasting live).
- Ask questions… this is your chance to ask a qualified and experienced herbalist your questions so that you can learn more and be confident that the advice you receive is more reliable than an internet search!
- People get the most benefit from attending these classes LIVE. However, if you see one that you’d really like to attend but can’t make the date or time, you can still register for it and you will receive access to the recording afterwards. You are also welcome to email Vivienne your questions on the topic in advance.
- Classes are broadcast using video webinar software. This is very easy to use and you will be sent a link to download when you join the class.
LEVEL: Suitable for beginners and people who would like to learn more about herbal medicine (these classes are NOT practitioner level training or CPD-approved but practitioners are still welcome to join them if they want to).
HERBAL MEDICINE FOR STRESS RELIEF & GOOD MENTAL HEALTH
Supporting us through the ups & downs
DATE: Tues. 21st Jan
TIME: 7.30 pm GMT
HERBAL MEDICINE IN HOSPITALS & EMERGENCY MEDICINE
History-Present-Future (doctors used herbs too!)
DATE: Tues. 28th Jan.
TIME: 7.30 pm GMT
HERBAL MEDICINE FOR WOMEN’S HEALTH
*Balancing hormones *Looking after ourselves
DATE: Tues. 11th Feb.
TIME: 7.30 pm GMT
LEARN HERBAL MEDICINE-MAKING AND WILD FOOD FORAGING IN-DEPTH
Join Vivienne’s online video course
My Guide to Using What’s Growing in Your Hedgerow!
- Watch videos showing you how to recognise edible and medicinal wild herbs.
- Watch videos showing you how to cook with them and use them to make herbal remedies in your own kitchen.
- Dip in and out of it whenever it suits you.
- No deadlines, home-work or assignments. Learn simply because you want to!
LEVEL: Suitable for EVERYONE! Absolute beginners completely welcome.
“I made a list of all the herbs that I think EVERYONE should know how to use.
Then I went out and filmed it.”
Vivienne Campbell, 2015.
Vivienne has taught workshops since 2004.
Here’s what people have said about her classes over the years…..
“Really enjoyed the day. The obvious passion that Vivienne has for her topic. The hands-on was great combined with the wonderful smells were ‘amazing’. Would not hesitate to recommend this course. Leaves me wanting more. Thank you.”
“So interesting … and the spa treatments were a lovely ending. Vivienne is wonderful“
“Great day, very informative, you made it all look so simple. Very social and the room smelt FAB.”
“Just finished that serum we made in your class. It was the best thing I ever used for my skin.
My skin is so good now, I don’t have to use foundation any more.”
“Thank you very much for delivering a great course last Saturday. I really enjoyed it and I’m looking forward to making some teas, cordials & oxymels at home to keep everyone well!”
“Thanks so much for the dosage instructions, the GP recommendations and above all your brilliant course!!! I really, really enjoyed it and learned so much! …And I got started today..”
BOOKING POLICY FOR ALL 1-DAY WORKSHOPS/CLASSES IN-PERSON (not online classes/courses)
- The cost is for the workshop and includes the cost of materials used, hand-outs provided and herbal products to take home.
- Places are limited. Numbers of participants are always restricted to ensure quality of teaching (usually a max of 12 participants per class).
- These classes are aimed at adults. Please contact me if you are under 18 and want to book a class (some venues do not allow under 18s on the premises).
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Vivienne does not reserve places for people without payment. Payment of the full workshop fee is required in order to book your place.
- Please book in advance! These classes take lots and lots of prepartion and require Vivienne to have hand-outs printed, enough stock ordered in and prepared for every class participant and (if on east coast) time to drive and set up on the other side of the country. Last minute bookings drive Vivienne totally mad! If a class isn’t full far enough in advance then Vivienne will cancel it. Don’t expect to ring the day before and be told that it’s ok to come along the next day.
Cancellations & Refunds: Cancellations: if a cancellation is received 2 weeks or more before the class then the full fee will be refunded. Refunds are not available for cancellations received 2 weeks or less before the class date. This is because class size is always restricted to ensure quality of teaching and because lots of preparation, high quality stock and time and effort go in to running these classes! Want more info? CLICK HERE to read my policy in full.