cleaning your home naturally
Learn how to make safe & effective natural products for cleaning your home
- Learn how to make effective, natural recipes for cleaning your home.
- Includes: how to unblock a sink, remove limescale, cleaning windows, natural softner for laundry, effective heavy duty oven cleaner, deep grime remover, carpet freshener, air freshner, stain removers (for laundry, carpets etc. including oil stains, paint and ink from markers), cleaning & sanitising washable nappies, natural insect and pest repellants etc.
- Try making your own favourite blends.
- Made with beautiful safe, natural and aromatic ingredients.
- All environmentally-friendly!
Common ailments can be safely treated at home when you know how. Herbs and other natural remedies are safe and easy to use. Contrary to what you might think, kids often love them!
In this new class learn simple, effective natural remedies to treat common childhood ailments such as:
- * earache
- * colds
- * coughs
- * sore throats
- * upset tummies
- * bumps & bruises
- * mild burns
- * head lice
- * athlete’s foot and ringworm
We will also learn about and discuss:
- * herbs to boost immunity
- * common chronic illnesses in childhood e.g. asthma, hay fever, eczema etc.
- * common infectious and contagious childhood diseases
- * dosages for babies and children
- * home-nursing
- * safety: when to go to your GP or A&E
Learn how to make: an effective and tasty cough syrup that is easy to make at home; a delicious remedy to ease sore throats & colds; a poultice for treating ear-ache; a natural powder to treat athlete’s foot; calendula ointment (excellent first aid treatment for minor cuts & scrapes). Try these out in the class and bring home samples of some of the products made on the day.
Get: recipes, safety instructions.
Ask me: your questions! I am a professional herbalist. I qualified 13 years ago. I have always treated lots of children, babies and pregnant ladies so I am confident and experienced and usually able to offer practical advice on these topics.
Here’s what past participants have had to say about this class:
“I just want to thank you for Saturday. It was amazing, I loved it. So much information!”
“Thank you very much for delivering a great course last Saturday. I really enjoyed it and I’m looking forward to making some teas, cordials & oxymels at home to keep everyone well!”
“What a truly brilliant class! Thanks Vivienne – it’s made my day.”
“Thanks so much for the dosage instructions, the GP recommendations and above all your brilliant course!!! I really, really enjoyed it and learned so much! …And I got started today: My kids helped me to pick thyme for the cough syrup, then we put on an oxymel with our dried elderberries and last but not least my kids really enjoyed their bath with the “oat socks”. They had great fun and such soft skins afterwards. So, Vivienne, thanks again!”
BOOK THIS CLASS
You can book this class on-line by credit or debit card (you do not need a Pay Pal account to do this). Click the booking link for the class that you’d like to attend. A pop up booking window will appear. Click on the date of the class i.e. 7th August. Click ‘Continue’. Fill out your name, phone & email address. Click the ‘Pay Now’ button to pay by card or Pay Pal. Just ring me if you have any problem 086 8899168. If you would rather pay by postal order or cheque then please ring or email Vivienne to arrange this (email@example.com).
BOOKING POLICY FOR ALL 1-DAY WORKSHOPS/CLASSES
- The cost is for the workshop and includes the cost of materials used, hand-outs provided and herbal products to take home.
- Places are limited. Numbers of participants are always restricted to ensure quality of teaching (usually a max of 12 participants per class).
- These classes are aimed at adults. Please contact me if you are under 18 and want to book a class (some venues do not allow under 18s on the premises).
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Vivienne does not reserve places for people without payment. Payment of the full workshop fee is required in order to book your place.
- Please book in advance! These classes take lots and lots of prepartion and require Vivienne to have hand-outs printed, enough stock ordered in and prepared for every class participant and (if on east coast) time to drive and set up on the other side of the country. Last minute bookings drive Vivienne totally mad! If a class isn’t full far enough in advance then Vivienne will cancel it. Don’t expect to ring the day before and be told that it’s ok to come along the next day.
Cancellations & Refunds: Cancellations: if a cancellation is received 2 weeks or more before the class then the full fee will be refunded. Refunds are not available for cancellations received 2 weeks or less before the class date. This is because class size is always restricted to ensure quality of teaching and because lots of preparation, high quality stock and time and effort go in to running these classes!
WHAT TO BRING TO THE CLASS
- * Hand-outs and recipes will be provide but a pen and a note pad would still be handy.
- * Some cash, credit/debit card or chequebook if you want to buy herbal remedy-making ingredients and jars so that you can start making your own remedies at home (available from the optional Shop Session at the end of the class).
WHAT THIS WORKSHOP IS NOT
It is not a qualification or a professional level class. It is for your own interest for use at home. At the end of this class you will not receive a certificate or be qualified to treat people in a clinic.
If you are a holistic/complimentary practitioner then this class might count towards CPD credits. I can issue you with a digital certificate of your attendance. Please check with your professional association if they approve my classes as CPD.