HERBS FOR STRESS RELIEF:
Herbal medicine for good mental health
Learn about safe natural remedies and treatments for helping us to cope with the stresses and tough times in life
Sat 5th OCT 2019
10 am – 4.30 pm
CYS, Carmody St, ENNIS, Co. Clare, IRELAND
€90 inc. materials, handouts and 2 herbal remedies made on day to bring home
- Herbs can be wonderfully supportive on an emotional level.
- This class will introduce safe and non-addictive herbs that can often help as supportive tonics in busy lives or through especially difficult times.
- Topics covered will include: stress, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, insomnia, grief & bereavement, exhaustion, concentration, memory, ‘busyness’ and adrenal burn-out.
- Learn natural ways to cope with these using herbs and essential oils.
- We will discuss in-depth St John’s Wort: when it’s useful, when it’s not. Myths, pre-conceptions and reliable information (including the legal status in Rep. of Ireland).
- Prevention is better than cure! What we do on a daily basis really impacts on our physical, mental and emotional health. We will look at simple ways to develop healthier patterns and easily integrate them in to our lives.
- We will explore recipes using safe herbs that can help to improve concentration, aid sleep, reduce stress and anxiety and much more.
- We will look at changing some of our bad habits for healthier ones and swapping common stress-enhancing habits for more nourishing herbal treatments e.g. to help concentration: replacing/reducing caffeinated drinks with herbal tonics to improve the functioning of the brain.
- We will also look at some of the under-lying reasons that we have and fall back in to habits and patterns that aggravate stress. Vivienne will offer practical tips to reduce this and try to nudge us all to healthier ways of living (We are aiming for ‘better’, not ‘perfection’. Perfection is another form of stress!)
- Discover beautiful natural herbal remedies made from roses, lemon balm, lavender, hawthorn, lime flower, rosemary, wood betony and many more. We will try out samples of many of these in the class in various different extract forms e.g. teas, tinctures, infused oils, essential oils etc.
- Get hands-on and make your own: During the class you will get the chance to make your own nourishing tea blend and soothing aroma stick or oil blend. Bring these home with you.
- Having your own go-to soothing remedies to help you during difficult times can be a very empowering experience.
Get: recipes, safety instructions.
Ask me: your questions! I am a professional herbalist. I qualified 16 years ago. I have years’ of experience treating people in my clinic and helping them to manage and get through times of grief, bereavement, depression, insomnia, anxiety, panic attacks, stress, sadness and over-whelm.
BOOK THIS CLASS
BOOKING POLICY FOR ALL 1-DAY WORKSHOPS/CLASSES
- The cost is for the workshop and includes the cost of materials used, hand-outs provided and herbal products to take home.
- Places are limited. Numbers of participants are always restricted to ensure quality of teaching (usually a max of 12 participants per class).
- These classes are aimed at adults. Please contact me if you are under 18 and want to book a class (some venues do not allow under 18s on the premises).
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Vivienne does not reserve places for people without payment. Payment of the full workshop fee is required in order to book your place.
- Please book in advance! These classes take lots and lots of prepartion and require Vivienne to have hand-outs printed, enough stock ordered in and prepared for every class participant and (if on east coast) time to drive and set up on the other side of the country. Last minute bookings drive Vivienne totally mad! If a class isn’t full far enough in advance then Vivienne will cancel it. Don’t expect to ring the day before and be told that it’s ok to come along the next day.
Cancellations & Refunds: Cancellations: if a cancellation is received 2 weeks or more before the class then the full fee will be refunded. Refunds are not available for cancellations received 2 weeks or less before the class date. This is because class size is always restricted to ensure quality of teaching and because lots of preparation, high quality stock and time and effort go in to running these classes!
WHAT TO BRING TO THE CLASS
- * Hand-outs and recipes will be provide but a pen and a note pad would still be handy.
- * Some cash, credit/debit card or chequebook if you want to buy herbal remedy-making ingredients and jars so that you can start making your own remedies at home (available from the optional Shop Session at the end of the class).
WHAT THIS WORKSHOP IS NOT
It is not a qualification or a professional level class. It is for your own interest for use at home. At the end of this class you will not receive a certificate or be qualified to treat people in a clinic.
If you are a holistic/complimentary practitioner then this class might count towards CPD credits. I can issue you with a digital certificate of your attendance. Please check with your professional association if they approve my classes as CPD.