Teaching highly popular workshops since 2004!
EXCITING NEWS FOR 2019: classes abroad!
Countries, dates and classes to be announced and open for booking in Jan 2019 (countries include USA, UK and more).
Check back here for info or click here to sign-up for my newsletter.
CLASSES IN IRELAND 2019
Demand for classes and workshops in Ireland varies from year to year and is hard to predict. Where classes are very popular and sell out quickly if there is more demand I do my best to add more dates to meet this.
My policy is to fully book the listed classes before arranging more, otherwise running them becomes unmanageable.
Check back here for details or sign-up for my newsletter.
Wild Food & Medicinal Herb Foraging Walk:
An accessible & fun introduction to the glorious wild plants that surround you wherever you live (countryside or city)
Come on a walk and discover some of the beautiful medicinal and edible plants that grow around us.
Nibble as we go along, while Vivienne talks about the medicinal and nutritional properties of these plants.
We don’t walk far: it’s a lovely little shuffle in the fresh air discovering and nibbling on the local plants.
These walks are an excellent way to introduce you to the abundance of edible and medicinal plants that grow all around us.
They are popular with adults and children
Walks go ahead rain or shine so please dress for the weather: sun hat, sun screen, wellies, waterproofs as appropriate.
Enjoy a glass of seasonal wild herb cordial or freshly brewed herbal tea.
NEXT WALK: SATURDAY 15th JUNE 2019
GLASSON, CO. WESTMEATH
€25 per person, accompanied kids free
(there’s also a full herbal medicine-making class on Sun 16th June, scroll down for details of that)
Herbal Medicine: from plant to pot!
This popular class has run every year since 2004.
Come on a herbal foraging walk in the morning.
Discover the medicinal plants that grow around you that you haven’t noticed are there.
Gather some of these herbs.
See how to use them to make medicinal extracts such as tinctures, infusions, decoctions, poultices, compresses, infused oils, ointments etc.
Bring home a remedy made on the day.
NEXT CLASS: SUNDAY 16th JUNE 2019
GLASSON, CO. WESTMEATH
€85 per person, including materials
Classes in Ireland: Sat 26th Jan or Sun 27th Jan. 2019
Classes abroad will be announced in early 2019.
More classes, walks and events for 2019 (including in USA and UK) will open for booking in the new year.
To receive notice of these, please CLICK HERE to sign-up to receive my newsletter or check back here in Jan. 2019.
BOOKING POLICY FOR ALL 1-DAY WORKSHOPS/CLASSES
- The cost is for the workshop and includes the cost of materials used, hand-outs provided and herbal products to take home.
- Places are limited. Numbers of participants are always restricted to ensure quality of teaching (usually a max of 12 participants per class).
- These classes are aimed at adults. Please contact me if you are under 18 and want to book a class (some venues do not allow under 18s on the premises).
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Vivienne does not reserve places for people without payment. Payment of the full workshop fee is required in order to book your place.
- Please book in advance! These classes take lots and lots of prepartion and require Vivienne to have hand-outs printed, enough stock ordered in and prepared for every class participant and (if on east coast) time to drive and set up on the other side of the country. Last minute bookings drive Vivienne totally mad! If a class isn’t full far enough in advance then Vivienne will cancel it. Don’t expect to ring the day before and be told that it’s ok to come along the next day.
Cancellations & Refunds: Cancellations: if a cancellation is received 2 weeks or more before the class then the full fee will be refunded. Refunds are not available for cancellations received 2 weeks or less before the class date. This is because class size is always restricted to ensure quality of teaching and because lots of preparation, high quality stock and time and effort go in to running these classes! Want more info? CLICK HERE to read my policy in full.
Vivienne has taught workshops since 2004.
Here’s what people have said about her classes over the years…..
“Really enjoyed the day. The obvious passion that Vivienne has for her topic. The hands-on was great combined with the wonderful smells were ‘amazing’. Would not hesitate to recommend this course. Leaves me wanting more. Thank you.”
“So interesting … and the spa treatments were a lovely ending. Vivienne is wonderful“
“Great day, very informative, you made it all look so simple. Very social and the room smelt FAB.”
“Just finished that serum we made in your class. It was the best thing I ever used for my skin.
My skin is so good now, I don’t have to use foundation any more.”
“Thank you very much for delivering a great course last Saturday. I really enjoyed it and I’m looking forward to making some teas, cordials & oxymels at home to keep everyone well!”
“Thanks so much for the dosage instructions, the GP recommendations and above all your brilliant course!!! I really, really enjoyed it and learned so much! …And I got started today..”