Teaching highly popular workshops since 2004!
*Foraging & Wild Food
Wild Food & Medicinal Herb Foraging Walk with wild food nibbles
2018=celebrating 10 years of Vivienne’s foraging walks!
Come on a walk and discover some of the beautiful medicinal and edible plants that grow around us.
Nibble as we go along, while Vivienne talks about the medicinal and nutritional properties of these plants.
Try some samples that Vivienne has made in advance e.g. wild herbal cordial, wild food pesto, fresh salad.
A treat for the palate, the mind, body & soul.
We don’t walk far: it’s a lovely little shuffle in the fresh air discovering and nibbling on the local plants.
These walks are an excellent way to introduce you to the abundance of edible and medicinal plants that grow all around us.
They are popular with adults and children (Quote from May 2017: “I can’t believe that you got my child to go back for a second helping of nettle pesto!”)
Walks go ahead rain or shine so please dress for the weather: sun hat, sun screen, wellies, waterpoofs as appropriate.
DATE: Sun 20th May 2 pm- 4.30 pm
VENUE: On beautiful, unpolluted land in Co. Clare, Ireland
COST: E 30 per adult (includes wild food snacks & samples).
TO BOOK: CLICK HERE to book online (simply follow the prompts).
If you can’t cope with this method then please contact Vivienne on email@example.com or tel 086 8899168.
Herbal Medicine: from Garden to Bottle!
This popular class has run every year since 2004.
Come on a herbal foraging walk in the morning.
Discover the medicinal plants that grow around you that you haven’t noticed are there.
Gather these herbs.
See how to use them to make medicinal extracts such as tinctures, infusions, decoctions, poutlices, compresses, infused oils, ointments etc.
Bring home a remedy made on the day.
NEXT CLASS: Sun 24th June 10 am-4.30 pm
VENUE: Irish Seed Savers, Scarriff, Co. Clare, Ireland
COST: E70. An additional E10 materials charge is payable to the tutor on the day.
TO BOOK: Irish Seed Savers deal with the bookings for this class. CLICK HERE to book online on the irishseedsavers.ie website or call them on 061 921866
Teaching natural cosmetic-making since 2010.
*How to make beautiful cosmetic infused oils
* How to make whipped, nourishing body butters & balms (they look and smell like dessert!)
* Blend your own facial serum to suit your skin type (choose from beautiful oils such as rosehip seed, sea buckthorn, evening primrose, jojoba, hazelnut and heavenly certified-organic essential oils)
*Learn about the different properties of natural plant oils: from rich, anti-aging oils to light oils that prevent scarring and assist skin rejuvenation. Choose oils that suit your skin type: from dry/mature to problem/oily. Use these oils to blend your own facial serum and bring this home with you.
* Mix your own bath salts: lovely with lavender flowers or rose petalsLearn how to make more, gorgeous natural cosmetics!In this hands-on class you start to make your own products.Get a feel for the ingredients: beautiful certified organic dried herbs, rich and moisturising base oils, gorgeous aromatic organic essential oils, nourishing plants butters and waxes.No previous experience necessary. This class is suitable for complete beginners as well as people who have made some cosmetics before (including if you have attended my original Natural Cosmetic-Making class).No special equipment is necessary. All recipes demonstrated can be made at home using ordinary kitchen equipment such as pans, bowls and whisks.
This class includes:
- *Play with beautiful, natural, organic ingredients and bring home the lovely items that you make on the day.
- *How to make beautiful cosmetic infused oils
- * How to make whipped, nourishing body butters & balms (they look and smell like dessert!)
- * Blend your own facial serum to suit your skin type (choose from beautiful oils such as rosehip seed, sea buckthorn, evening primrose, jojoba, hazelnut and heavenly certified-organic essential oils)
- *Learn about the different properties of natural plant oils: from rich, anti-aging oils to light oils that prevent scarring and assist skin rejuvenation. Choose oils that suit your skin type: from dry/mature to problem/oily. Use these oils to blend your own facial serum and bring this home with you.
- * Mix your own bath salts: lovely with lavender flowers or rose petals
- * Blend your own zesty body scrub (gently exfoliates the skin and leaves it feeling incredibly soft and silky)
- * Learn in detail about the beautiful & beneficial ingredients used in this class: conventional oils, certified-organic ingredients, food-grade oils, refined and unrefined ingredients etc.
- *See a demo of how to make a pampering, skin-softening body butter with the heavenly scents of rose and vanilla. Learn about the nourishing properties of the plant butters and oils used to make body balms.
- * Chill-out and use the products during the Spa Session
- * Bring home cosmetics that you’ve made on the day
Class size limited to 8 people only to ensure quality of teaching, attention and assistance while you learn to make your own products.
NEXT CLASS: Sat 22nd Sept 2018 10 am-4.30 pm
VENUE: Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
COST: E140 including materials, hand-outs etc.
TO BOOK: CLICK HERE to book online.
Or contact Vivienne on firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 0868899168
Herbal Tonics & Treatments for Sports
Discover nourishing herbal tonics to improve stamina, circulation & health.
Natural treatments for common injuries: e.g. sprains, strains, breaks, cuts & scrapes.
Learn how to make topical treatments e.g. ointments, poultices etc.
NEXT CLASS: date tbc (Autumn 2018) 10 am-4.30 pm
VENUE: Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
COST: E70 including materials used and recipe hand-outs.
TO BOOK: CLICK HERE and follow the online prompts.
If you can’t cope with booking online then please contact Vivienne and she’ll sort it out for you. Email: email@example.com Tel.: 086 8899168
In 2018 all classes will take place in County Clare, Ireland.
Coming from another country? I recommend flying in to Shannon Airport, in County Clare.
Co. Clare is approx 3 hour drive from Cork airport & 4 hour drive from Dublin airport.
BOOKING POLICY FOR ALL 1-DAY WORKSHOPS/CLASSES
- The cost is for the workshop and includes the cost of materials used, hand-outs provided and herbal products to take home.
- Places are limited. Numbers of participants are always restricted to ensure quality of teaching (usually a max of 12 participants per class).
- These classes are aimed at adults. Please contact me if you are under 18 and want to book a class (some venues do not allow under 18s on the premises).
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Vivienne does not reserve places for people without payment. Payment of the full workshop fee is required in order to book your place.
- Please book in advance! These classes take lots and lots of prepartion and require Vivienne to have hand-outs printed, enough stock ordered in and prepared for every class participant and (if on east coast) time to drive and set up on the other side of the country. Last minute bookings drive Vivienne totally mad! If a class isn’t full far enough in advance then Vivienne will cancel it. Don’t expect to ring the day before and be told that it’s ok to come along the next day.
Cancellations & Refunds: Cancellations: if a cancellation is received 2 weeks or more before the class then the full fee will be refunded. Refunds are not available for cancellations received 2 weeks or less before the class date. This is because class size is always restricted to ensure quality of teaching and because lots of preparation, high quality stock and time and effort go in to running these classes!
Vivienne has taught workshops since 2004.
Here’s what people have said about her classes over the years…..
“Really enjoyed the day. The obvious passion that Vivienne has for her topic. The hands-on was great combined with the wonderful smells were ‘amazing’. Would not hesitate to recommend this course. Leaves me wanting more. Thank you.”
“So interesting … and the spa treatments were a lovely ending. Vivienne is wonderful“
“Great day, very informative, you made it all look so simple. Very social and the room smelt FAB.”
“Just finished that serum we made in your class. It was the best thing I ever used for my skin.
My skin is so good now, I don’t have to use foundation any more.”
“Thank you very much for delivering a great course last Saturday. I really enjoyed it and I’m looking forward to making some teas, cordials & oxymels at home to keep everyone well!”
“Thanks so much for the dosage instructions, the GP recommendations and above all your brilliant course!!! I really, really enjoyed it and learned so much! …And I got started today..”