As wild food (Sat. 13th)
As natural skincare (Sun. 14th)
In August 2022, Dingle, IRELAND.
Book either or both classes.
This half day workshop is a great introduction to seaweed foraging.
You will participate in a coastal forage followed by a cooking demonstration and a light lunch taster session – all down by the shoreline in a spectacular setting.
We will cover….
* Shoreline identification of the most commonly used seaweeds.
* Nutritional highlights, health properties and culinary uses.
* How to sustainably harvest each seaweed.
* How to cook with a selection of seaweeds.
* We will finish up with tasters of freshly cooked seaweed dishes.
* SAFETY NOTE: Seaweed grows on rocks along the shoreline so we will be walking on these. Make sure you wear appropriate footwear. And remember to dress for the Irish weather (sunscreen & raincoats!).
Darach works in environmental, outdoor and nature education – as a teacher of wild food foraging courses (specializing in seaweed) and a leader of nature walks. He lives what he teaches, using foraged food almost everyday for his home cooked meals and he is constantly processing and preserving (drying, pickling, conserving, fermenting etc) what he finds on the land around where he lives. He has featured on various tv series on TG4.
DAY & TIME: Saturday 13th August 2022 10.30 am – 2 pm
COST: €40, includes light lunch
BOOKING: Darach is processng the bookings for his class. Click the BOOK NOW button below to secure pay with credit or debitcard / google pay / apple pay. Or contact Darach to pay by card over the phone, send a cheque or payment by online banking EFT.
Make & try Seaweed Skincare & Haircare (natural cosmetics) Treatments
This 1 day class teaches some of the skin & hair-care benefits of seaweed (inside & out!).
Learn about the properties of seaweeds: vitamins, minerals and other beneficial compounds. Make different DIY extracts to capture these.
We will make a range of natural cosmetics and skincare & haircare treatments from them such as:
* DIY seaweed shower gel & face masks
* Nourishing hair & scalp tonic
* Bath products
* Masks & mousses
* Nourishing facial serums & cremes
We will relax while we experience these during our Spa Session. And you’ll also get to bring home samples of all the products that we make on the day.
DAY & TIME: Sunday 14th August 2022 10 am – 5 pm
COST: €160 (Includes: recipes, handouts, materials and products made on day to bring home)