Welcome to Learn with the Seasons:
Your guide to Foraging for and Using Edible & Therapeutic Herbs.
This lesson is about Hawthorn Flowers & Leaves (Crategus oxycanthum/monogyna).
This lesson contains:
- An identification video to help you to recognise the hawthorn tree, hawthorn flowers & hawthorn leaves.
- An herbal data sheet containing details of how to use hawthorn flower & leaves as a wild edible food and/or therapeutic herb.
- Photographs of the hawthorn tree, flowers & leaves.
- A video showing how to make a tea/infusion of hawthorn flowers
- A video showing how to make hawthorn flower ice-cubes.
- A step-by-step photo lesson showing how to make hawthorn flower syrup.
- The recipe for hawthorn flower syrup.
- Spring foraged salad, including hawthorn leaves.
You can read the recipes and plant information on-screen or print off the pdfs documents.